Magellan Homeloans will do its best to provide you with a high level of service and customer care. We have well trained staff to help us achieve that aim. However, there may be occasions when things go wrong and you are not satisfied with our services and may have reasons to complain.
With a view to resolving a customer complaint fairly and promptly, Magellan operates an Internal Complaints Procedure which in summary is as follows.
- We will consider your complaint by the close of business on the third working day after receiving your complaint and, if possible, provide a suitable explanation and/or offer redress as appropriate. If the complaint can be resolved verbally within this timeframe, then Magellan will send out a summary resolution communication letter confirming this. This letter will be sent out no later than 2 business days following resolution.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint by the third business day we will, within 5 working days, provide you with a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint and will also endeavour to provide a resolution by then. If we have been unable to resolve your complaint by this time we will advise you when we expect to be able to reach a conclusion, with the aim of providing a final resolution as soon as possible.
- In most cases you will receive a Final Response within 4 weeks of us receiving your complaint. However, in the unlikely event that we have been unable to complete our investigation and provide a response within 4 weeks, we will write to you with an update, explaining the reasons for the delay, along with details of when you can expect to receive our response (latest 8 weeks from receipt of the complaint).
- If a final response cannot be completed within eight weeks, we will send you a letter signed by a member of senior management within that period explaining why we are not in a position to provide a final response and we will advise when we would be able to provide one. We will still inform you that you have a choice to refer the complaint to FOS if you are dissatisfied with the explanation for our delay, and we will provide you with a copy of the FOS explanatory leaflet.
- If you still remained dissatisfied, you will be entitled to refer your complaint to The Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of receipt of the final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
You may be able to submit a claim through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.