Buy to Let for Individuals
If your client is looking for a Buy to Let (BTL) mortgage and is applying as an individual or joint borrower but not as a Limited Company, then we’re on the same page.
Our BTL mortgages for individuals are designed for all types of Landlords from First Time Buyers (with a BTL Guarantor) and First Time Landlords through to Experienced and Professional Landlords. We accept up to four individual applicants across all property types including Shared houses but not HMOs and Multi-Unit Blocks (MUBs).
For joint landlords with multiple tax rates, we offer a bespoke ICR test starting from 125% to help maximise tax efficiency.
With the aim of making life easier for landlords, we’ve simplified our application process – it’s all online – and we’ll only ask for the documents we specifically need. So, if your client is employed we ask only for the latest payslip and bank statement and for self-employed borrowers, their latest SA302 or accounts and latest bank statement.
- Bespoke ICR test for applicants with multiple tax rates to maximise tax efficiency
- Acceptable tenancies include Assured Short Tenancies and Common Law tenancies
- Acceptable tenant types include corporate, students, plus DWP and Housing Association
- BTL Guarantor required for First Time Buyers and First Time Landlords
- No credit scoring – we manually underwrite to provide a bespoke service
- Shared Houses up to 75% LTV
- Studio Flats up to 75% LTV
- Up to 4 Applicants
We don’t currently accept Consumer Buy to Let.