Complex Buy to Let for HMOs and Multi-Unit Blocks
In a complicated market, it pays to deal with a lender who understands the complexities and can help to make it simple.
Our Buy to Let mortgages for Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMOs) and Multi-Unit Blocks (MUBs) are available to Professional and Experienced Landlords applying as Individuals as well as SPV and Trading Limited Company borrowers. We will also consider other types of Landlords providing they are applying with a BTL Guarantor.
For joint landlords with multiple tax rates and limited companies looking to maximise profitability by diversifying into HMOs or MUBs, we offer a bespoke ICR test starting from 130%.
With the aim of making life easier for landlords, we’ve simplified our application process – it’s all online – and we’ll only ask for the documents we specifically need. Things like separate mandatory cashflow statements, business plans and personal guarantees will only be requested if necessary, not as standard and floating charges will only apply in certain circumstances (see detailed criteria). If your client is employed we ask only for the latest payslip and bank statement and for self-employed borrowers, their latest SA302 or accounts and latest bank statement.
- HMOs and Multi-units up to 6 bedrooms/units
- Multi-units with shared utilities acceptable up to 65% LTV
- Single and multiple tenancies acceptable
- Bespoke ICR test for individual applicants with multiple tax rates to maximise tax efficiency
- Acceptable tenancies include Assured Short Tenancies and Common Law tenancies
- Acceptable tenant types include corporate, students, plus DWP and Housing Association
- Up to 75% LTV
- No credit scoring – we manually underwrite to provide a bespoke service.